At Trafalgar Village Dental, We Recommend Dental Sealants. Here’s Why…
As your dentist in Oakville, we always have your, and your family’s, best interest in mind. It’s our job to help you keep healthy – in body and smile – and all of us at Trafalgar Village Dental take this very seriously. With a preventive view in everything we do, our goal is to intercept oral health issues before they happen … to keep you smiling.
Prevention includes (but is not limited to):
- Regular Checkups – We’ll schedule your regular dental recall appointments according to your level of health. Here’s what we’ll do at your recall visit:
- Check your gum health – We’ll always take a look at your gums and check their color, the pocket depths, how well they support your teeth, if there’s any infection (gingivitis or early gum disease and/or periodontitis or advanced gum disease)
- Check your tooth health – Do you have any chips, cracks, or decay? And if so, how do we fix the damage to prevent further deterioration and pain and restore function and beauty?
- Ensure restorations are sound – Restorations such as crowns, fillings, bridges, and bonding don’t last forever. We’ll make sure everything is working as it should so that your smile health isn’t compromised.
- Education – If we see any problem areas, we’ll explain the cause and explain why repair is necessary. We’ll also discuss with you a proposed treatment so that together, we can intercept any future damage or further unnecessary damage.
Aside from regular checkups, one of the most-simple things you can do for your oral health – besides keeping an excellent home care routine of brushing at least twice a day and flossing once a day – is to consider dental sealants for yourself and your children.